Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hartjezt

Default hyperlink question

I have a list of various hyperlinks in an excel worksheet (cells a1-a...). I
would like to retreieve the actual addresses of these hyperlinks and display
them next to the addresses in column b (cells b1-b...). Does anyone know if
this is possible. Thank You.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Richard O. Neville

Am I oversimplifying something? How about clicking on each link, which would
take you to the actual address? You could then copy and paste the address
(url or e-mail) back into your spreadsheet.

"hartjezt" wrote in message
I have a list of various hyperlinks in an excel worksheet (cells a1-a...).
would like to retreieve the actual addresses of these hyperlinks and
display
them next to the addresses in column b (cells b1-b...). Does anyone know
if
this is possible. Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Leith Ross

Hello hartjezt,

Here is macro to do just that. Add a VBA module to project and copy
this code into it.

Sub ShowAddresses()

Dim HyperLnk

For Each HyperLnk In ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks
HyperLnk.Range.Offset(0, 1).Value = HyperLnk.Address
Next HyperLnk

End Sub

Sincerely,
Leith Ross