Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DALLIN

Default How do I change the output value of a drop down box?

I want to create a drop down box that displays a rebar size. upon selection
of the size, in the output cell designated, I would like it to display the
area of that rebar size. I can't use a simple if statement because there are
10 different size and you can only use 7 nested if statement. what can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ufo_pilot

If your drop down is A1
and you want your output to be in say B1
Lets say your list is in C1:D10
column C is where you made your drop down list from, column D is where your
rebar output would reside
Then
=VLOOKUP(A1,C1:D10,2,FALSE)
TRUE means Col.C is sorted or FALSE for unsortd (alpha-numerical order)