Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
telewats

Default Need to track cells that haven't been updated

I'm working on a spreadsheet that pulls data from separate sheets within
the same file. The data in the other sheets will be updated daily by
other users (each user will access the sheet, enter a date in 'their'
field, and then save/close the spreadsheet), and then totals from those
sheets will be displayed on the "main" sheet, which I will then access
to finish my portion. Since the other users may forget to update their
portion on time each day, I'm trying to to find a way to change the
color of the text or display a warning that the fields on the other
sheets have not been updated on the current day.

For instance: Sheet A is my 'master' sheet and has totals from Sheets B
& C. Sheets B & C are updated by other users. I'd like a note or color
change in the fields of Sheet A that warns me that the necessary fields
on the other sheets have not been updated on the current day.

I think this would be done through a Change Event...? However, I'm not
familiar at all with this feature, so can someone help me with this?

--
telewats
telewats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30270

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

Hi telewats. On your master sheet, assuming that a user enters a date on
sheet C in A1, you could have this in a cell on your master sheet:
=if(TODAY()C!A1,"Not updated yet",""). HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"telewats" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
telewats

I think this formula would work for me. Just one question, though. Can I
use multiple criteria with the IF function, and if so, how would I write
the formula for this?