Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Woody13

Default Cells not formating (won't center)

so I have an if then statement in a cell and it will not let me format the
cell to center the contents. It adjusts to the left of the cell only. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wjohnson

I have found that sometimes if I select any Column and then select left,
right or centered - nothing happens - but if I click on the icon again
the column will accomplish my selection of left, right or centered.

--
wjohnson
wjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29640

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce Sinclair

In article , wjohnson wrote:

I have found that sometimes if I select any Column and then select left,
right or centered - nothing happens - but if I click on the icon again
the column will accomplish my selection of left, right or centered.

Regularly happens if you have different formatting (eg some left and some
centered) in your selected range. The first "change" makes them all
'something' and the next does what you want. Or should.

Bruce

(if there were any)