Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Raj Mazumdar

Default Random numbers

Hi there

This is for a little fun... we are playing a small in-house lottery game
ourselves. Is there a way to generate 6 random numbers in the series from 1
through 49, using excel? They could either be in a single cell, separated by
commas or... separately in six adjacent cells in a row.

Thanks

Raj
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Govind

Hi,

Use

=RANDBETWEEN(1,49)

in a cell and and copy this formula to 5 adjacent cells.

Regards

Govind.

Raj Mazumdar wrote:
Hi there

This is for a little fun... we are playing a small in-house lottery game
ourselves. Is there a way to generate 6 random numbers in the series from 1
through 49, using excel? They could either be in a single cell, separated by
commas or... separately in six adjacent cells in a row.

Thanks

Raj

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs

To get 6 unique numbers between 1 and 49....

put this formula in A1 and copy across row to AW1

=RAND()

in A2 put this formula

=RANK(A1,$A1:$AW1)

and copy across to F2

A2:F2 now gives your 6 random numbers

hide row 1 if you wish

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Govind

Hi,

You need to have the Analysis Toolpak add-in enabled to use this formula.

Go to Tools-AddIns and enable 'Analysis Toolpak' and then try the formula.

Regards

Govind.

Raj Mazumdar wrote:

Hi there

This is for a little fun... we are playing a small in-house lottery game
ourselves. Is there a way to generate 6 random numbers in the series from 1
through 49, using excel? They could either be in a single cell, separated by
commas or... separately in six adjacent cells in a row.

Thanks

Raj

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Raj,

If your 6 numbers should be non-repeating (=unique) then I suggest to
take my UDF UniqRandInt() from www.sulprobil.com

HTH,
Bernd