Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kmuralishankar

Default Cannot a change a number 10.0 to 10 , cannot take out the decimal

Hi all,

I generated a report in which i get the numbers with a decimal point. EX:
12345.0 where I am supposed to get as 12345, changed the decimal settings to
zero and still no effect. I tried the default number places as zero under
options still no effect. Under format cell, Customer been kept as general.

Excel 2003 version, OS: XP.

Please someone help me in this issue as it is taking long time to format
this report for me.

Thanks
Murali
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Try:

Format Cells... Number Custom and in place of general type 0
--
Gary's Student

"kmuralishankar" wrote:

Hi all,

I generated a report in which i get the numbers with a decimal point. EX:
12345.0 where I am supposed to get as 12345, changed the decimal settings to
zero and still no effect. I tried the default number places as zero under
options still no effect. Under format cell, Customer been kept as general.

Excel 2003 version, OS: XP.

Please someone help me in this issue as it is taking long time to format
this report for me.

Thanks
Murali

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Crosscom

Not sure if you tried this or not. Highlight row or cell, right click,
format cell, select number tab, then number and set decimal to "0".

"kmuralishankar" wrote:

Hi all,

I generated a report in which i get the numbers with a decimal point. EX:
12345.0 where I am supposed to get as 12345, changed the decimal settings to
zero and still no effect. I tried the default number places as zero under
options still no effect. Under format cell, Customer been kept as general.

Excel 2003 version, OS: XP.

Please someone help me in this issue as it is taking long time to format
this report for me.

Thanks
Murali

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Murale

It is possible your 12345.0 is actually text.

Try this..........Format cells to General then copy an empty cell.

Select the other cells and Paste Special(in place)AddOKEsc.

This forces the cells to numbers and you should be able to remove the decimal
places.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP