Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Phil

Default Not Sure How to Fix

http://www.officialenter.com/excel_.jpg

This shows a picture of the issue I am having.
How do I make this spreadsheet look the way that I am used to?
With each field having a cell, not having:
Field Name,"Last Name',"Home Phone" ect.

Hope this make sense, I am not even sure what or how to ask...
Thank you for helping a excel newbe,

Phil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Experiment with this:
Select the cell with the long string in it.
DataText-to-Columns
Select: Delimited and play with the settings.

Remember: EditUndo is your friend.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Phil" wrote:

http://www.officialenter.com/excel_.jpg

This shows a picture of the issue I am having.
How do I make this spreadsheet look the way that I am used to?
With each field having a cell, not having:
Field Name,"Last Name',"Home Phone" ect.

Hope this make sense, I am not even sure what or how to ask...
Thank you for helping a excel newbe,

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

The picture is not very good, but you seem to have all the data in
column A, with commas separating the fields. To get all the data into
separate columns, highlight column A then Data | Text to Columns and
specify comma as the delimiter.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Phil

Yes, that seems to do the trick....
But how do I get rid of the commas and quotes?
Plus what do I do if I need to apply this to 5000 rows?

:(

"PY & Associates" wrote:

Use "Text to column" please

"Phil" wrote in message
http://www.officialenter.com/excel_.jpg

This shows a picture of the issue I am having.
How do I make this spreadsheet look the way that I am used to?
With each field having a cell, not having:
Field Name,"Last Name',"Home Phone" ect.

Hope this make sense, I am not even sure what or how to ask...
Thank you for helping a excel newbe,

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

Try selecting column A and using Data | Text to Column
You may also need to use Edit | Find and Replace to get rid of quotes
The picture was very small!!!
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Phil" wrote in message
http://www.officialenter.com/excel_.jpg

This shows a picture of the issue I am having.
How do I make this spreadsheet look the way that I am used to?
With each field having a cell, not having:
Field Name,"Last Name',"Home Phone" ect.

Hope this make sense, I am not even sure what or how to ask...
Thank you for helping a excel newbe,

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Phil

Great... but do I have to now do that to each row? I have 5000 :(
Sorry about the pic, I didn't want to inclued the parts that had
personal/private info.

"Phil" wrote in message
http://www.officialenter.com/excel_.jpg

This shows a picture of the issue I am having.
How do I make this spreadsheet look the way that I am used to?
With each field having a cell, not having:
Field Name,"Last Name',"Home Phone" ect.

Hope this make sense, I am not even sure what or how to ask...
Thank you for helping a excel newbe,

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Phil

Okay... played with it some more.
Thank you all very much. I got it!
You all are the best!

"Phil" wrote in message
http://www.officialenter.com/excel_.jpg

This shows a picture of the issue I am having.
How do I make this spreadsheet look the way that I am used to?
With each field having a cell, not having:
Field Name,"Last Name',"Home Phone" ect.

Hope this make sense, I am not even sure what or how to ask...
Thank you for helping a excel newbe,

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

Highlight all the data (CTRL-A) then Edit | Find & Replace (or CTRL-H).
In the Find box enter the character(s) you want to find, and leave the
Replace With box empty, then click Replace All.

Hope this helps.

Pete