Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Amelda

Default Excel in Windows XP Home

I had Windows 97 , which included Word, Excell and others. I purchased an
IPod and changed operating systems to Windows XP. Now, I do not have the
Word, Excell and others. From looking at what others posted and replies, I
am thinking that I can take the Word and others from 97 and add it back to my
computer from that. Is that correct? And, how would I do this?

Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick B

I do not completely understand. The home versions of Windows currently out
there are Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000 and
Windows XP. The versions of Office (for Windows) out there are Office 95,
Office 97, Office 2000, Office 2002/XP, and Office 2003. Microsoft Office is
a suite of programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. If you install a new
operating system, you will lose everything (depending on how it is installed)
that was on the computer. If you upgrade, everything should still be there.
If you now longer have Office installed, but you still have the Office
installations CDs or diskettes, you can still run Office 97 on Windows XP.