MICMAC

Default I HAVE JUST UPGRADED TO WINDOWS XP HOME AND I CANT FIND EXCEL?

I CANT FIND MICROSOFT EXCEL ON MY NEW COPUTER DOESNT IT COME ON THE XP HOME
EDITION?
Norman Jones

Hi MicMac,

Excel comes as a standalone product or as part of the MS Office suite.

Excel is an application and is not part of WindowsXP, which is your
computer's operating system. They are linked only by parentage, both being
developed by Microsoft.

If you want Excel, you will need to purchase it, possibly from Ebay. If you
are on a budget, you could buy an older (but eminently usable) version, say
XL2000.

Alternatively, you could consider the Open Office suite which is
able to read and write XL workbooks. OpenOffice can be downloaded freely at:

http://www.openoffice.org/

This is a hefty 60MB+ download, but is also available on CD.

---
Regards,
Norman