Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
I Am Cdn

Default I think that it's not conditional formatting...what is it?

I hate it when it is hard to describe the problem...the answer is probably
easy though, I just need pointing in the correct direction.

Column A is for the customer to enter his quantity ordered. This number
could be ZERO if he is not ordering a specific product or it could be
multiples of the minimum case lot.

Column B has the minimum case lot.

If a number is entered into Col A how do I raise a flag if it is not at
least the minimum in Col B. I don't need to make sure that it is the correct
multiple of the minimum...just that it is equal to or greater than the
minimum IFF it is not a zero.

Any and all suggestions will be appreicated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

Conditional formatting will work if the user entry cell is next to the
case lot cell for that row. I got it to work with this conditional
formatting formula:
=AND(A3<0,A3<B3)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BekkiM

Why not conditional formatting? You could make the cell in Column A turn red
if it's greater than zero AND less than Column B.

Another option is to raise a flag in Column C (e.g., "Quantity must be at
least ##") with the same logic.

"I Am Cdn" wrote:

I hate it when it is hard to describe the problem...the answer is probably
easy though, I just need pointing in the correct direction.

Column A is for the customer to enter his quantity ordered. This number
could be ZERO if he is not ordering a specific product or it could be
multiples of the minimum case lot.

Column B has the minimum case lot.

If a number is entered into Col A how do I raise a flag if it is not at
least the minimum in Col B. I don't need to make sure that it is the correct
multiple of the minimum...just that it is equal to or greater than the
minimum IFF it is not a zero.

Any and all suggestions will be appreicated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
I Am Cdn

Thanks folks...I have tried both, the formulae show, I can see the logic in
the conditional formatting screen but when I save it all and test it nothing
happens.

Is there something I have missed such as "turning it on"?

Thanks again

"I Am Cdn" wrote:

I hate it when it is hard to describe the problem...the answer is probably
easy though, I just need pointing in the correct direction.

Column A is for the customer to enter his quantity ordered. This number
could be ZERO if he is not ordering a specific product or it could be
multiples of the minimum case lot.

Column B has the minimum case lot.

If a number is entered into Col A how do I raise a flag if it is not at
least the minimum in Col B. I don't need to make sure that it is the correct
multiple of the minimum...just that it is equal to or greater than the
minimum IFF it is not a zero.

Any and all suggestions will be appreicated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

I'm not a whiz-bang at conditional formatting, and whenever I use it
(which is infrequently) I have to enter the formula, close all the
conditional formatting setup windows, and then re-open them. I usually
find that Excel has added " " quote marks to the formula, which I
subsequently remove to make the conditional formatting work. Could
this be the case for you?