Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nsv

Default Automatic row height adjustment

I have some cells which are to contain a text input. When the text is
longer than the cell the line should split and the cell double its
height automatically.

I have adjusted these settings for one cell and copied them into the
others, but only some of these cells will adjust automatically while
others will not; I have to expand them manually by dragging the bottom
line of the row downwards. To click "Autofit" in the "Format" menu
doesn't work either.

Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

NSV

--
nsv
nsv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26500

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Select the cell with the too-long text, then Right-click FormatCells
AlignmentTab check the WordWrap box

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"nsv" wrote:

I have some cells which are to contain a text input. When the text is
longer than the cell the line should split and the cell double its
height automatically.

I have adjusted these settings for one cell and copied them into the
others, but only some of these cells will adjust automatically while
others will not; I have to expand them manually by dragging the bottom
line of the row downwards. To click "Autofit" in the "Format" menu
doesn't work either.

Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

NSV

--
nsv
nsv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26500
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504002

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nsv

Muchas gracias, pero aqui Diós no me ayuda because I just found out,
that merged cells don't autofit...

NSV

--
nsv
nsv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26500
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504002

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nsv

Now I have 'unmerged' all the cells and set them to wrap text. This
makes it possible to adjust row height by double clicking on the border
to the row below, but the adjustment is still not automatic and double
clicking every single row in a 450 row spread sheet is rather tedious
and risky.

Does anyone know a way, a command or a key sequence that in one single
go makes all cells containing wrapped text adjust their row height so
that all the text is visible?

NSV

--
nsv
nsv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26500
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504002

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

Have you tried highlighting all the cells then Format | Row | Autofit
now that you have unmerged them ?

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nsv

Yes I have, and it works. Thanks for the help...

Niels