Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cleso

Default How do I write "Either / Or" Display Formulas?

I am attempting to duplicate a checkbook register. I need to know how to
display either the withdrawal or the deposit under the running balance. How
do I write a formula for an either / or display?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

If you enter withdrawals as negative, deposits as positive, you don't need
either/or, just ass them in.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Cleso" wrote in message
I am attempting to duplicate a checkbook register. I need to know how to
display either the withdrawal or the deposit under the running balance.

How
do I write a formula for an either / or display?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paul

i use seperate columns for deposits and withdrawals with the balance at the
bottom
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"Cleso" wrote:

I am attempting to duplicate a checkbook register. I need to know how to
display either the withdrawal or the deposit under the running balance. How
do I write a formula for an either / or display?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cleso

Thanks, Bob. Your post made me think of how I was enering the data and how I
wanted to see the display. I simplified it and all is good.