wolfmasterr

Default how to write formulas in excel for money to days

I need to write a formula to convert a monetary value(given) and have it give
back a value in days eg: $95 =7days
I am very new at this and all of the atempts I have made are complete failures
Neil

Not much information here to go on, how does $95 = 7Days,? Is it $13.57 per
day? and is that constant?

Assuming that to be the case,
Simply put the dollar amount in a cell e.g. A2, and in your target cell (B2
for instance) type the formula =A2/13.57

You will probably want to format your dollar cells as currency to give them
the dollar sign, and If you're looking for whole numbers of days, you will
have to set the correct number of decimal places on the calculated cell (B2)

HTH (If not, post back)

Neil
www.nwarwick.co.uk

"wolfmasterr" wrote:

I need to write a formula to convert a monetary value(given) and have it give
back a value in days eg: $95 =7days
I am very new at this and all of the atempts I have made are complete failures

wolfmasterr

yes $13.57 = 1 day the money amout goes into C1 with the day value going into
E1 with the same happening down to E32. what I need is a way of adding days
to a date that has aready been input to cell d1-d32. As stated I am hopless
with this

"wolfmasterr" wrote:

I need to write a formula to convert a monetary value(given) and have it give
back a value in days eg: $95 =7days
I am very new at this and all of the atempts I have made are complete failures

Neil

Excel date calculation is quite easy once you know a few basics.

Rather than explain it all in detail here, check out the Excel pages on my
website, www.nwarwick.co.uk, you will find two seperate articles that explain
how Excels date system works, and also how to perform calculations using
dates which sounds like what you're looking for.

HTH

Neil

"wolfmasterr" wrote:

I need to write a formula to convert a monetary value(given) and have it give
back a value in days eg: $95 =7days
I am very new at this and all of the atempts I have made are complete failures

CLR

With "Money" in A1, and "Days" in B1, and $95 in A2, put this in B2
=ROUND(A2/13.57,0)........it will return 7 days.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3