Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rod

Default How to copy single cell into cell that is merged from two cells?

I have a single cell in one worksheet that I want to copy into another
worksheet where the cell is a merged cell of two cells. When I do this it
copies the one cell into both cells of the merged cells. I end up with two
of the same thing. I can not unmerge the cells that I am copying in to.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rod

Default How to copy single cell into cell that is merged from two cell

Dave,

I am not sure what you mean. Can you explain it more? Point of
clarification. I have a range of single cells that I need to paste into a
range of merged cells ( two cells merged together to make one).

Rod wrote:

I have a single cell in one worksheet that I want to copy into another
worksheet where the cell is a merged cell of two cells. When I do this it
copies the one cell into both cells of the merged cells. I end up with two
of the same thing. I can not unmerge the cells that I am copying in to.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

One cell at a time.

Select the cell to copy from.
highlight the value/formula in the formula bar
rightclick|copy
hit escape

select the cell to copy to.
click inside the formula bar