-   -   How to copy single cell into cell that is merged from two cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/66695-how-copy-single-cell-into-cell-merged-two-cells.html)

Rod

How to copy single cell into cell that is merged from two cells?

I have a single cell in one worksheet that I want to copy into another
worksheet where the cell is a merged cell of two cells. When I do this it
copies the one cell into both cells of the merged cells. I end up with two
of the same thing. I can not unmerge the cells that I am copying in to.

Dave Peterson

How to copy single cell into cell that is merged from two cells?

Can you select the merged area first and then paste into the formula bar?

--

Dave Peterson

Rod

How to copy single cell into cell that is merged from two cell

Dave,

I am not sure what you mean. Can you explain it more? Point of
clarification. I have a range of single cells that I need to paste into a
range of merged cells ( two cells merged together to make one).

Rod wrote:

I have a single cell in one worksheet that I want to copy into another
worksheet where the cell is a merged cell of two cells. When I do this it
copies the one cell into both cells of the merged cells. I end up with two
of the same thing. I can not unmerge the cells that I am copying in to.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

How to copy single cell into cell that is merged from two cell

One cell at a time.

Select the cell to copy from.
highlight the value/formula in the formula bar
rightclick|copy
hit escape

select the cell to copy to.
click inside the formula bar