Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael Prichard

Default Where can I get an online fill-in form 1099-Misc?

Where can I get an online fill-in form 1099-Misc?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:29:01 -0800, "Michael Prichard" <Michael
wrote:

Where can I get an online fill-in form 1099-Misc?

The IRS has such forms on their web site. However, at least through the 2004
1099's (I don't know about 2005), the web site forms were NOT to be used for
submission.

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
garfield-n-odie

The IRS website provides
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1099msc.pdf , but the Notice on
the first page says:

Attention:
Do not download, print, and file Copy A with the IRS.
Copy A appears in red, similar to the official IRS form,
but is for informational purposes only. A penalty of $50 per
information return may be imposed for filing copies of forms
that cannot be scanned.
You may order these forms online at Forms and Publications
By U.S. Mail (http://www.irs.gov/formspubs) or by calling
1-800-TAX FORM (1-800-829-3676).
See IRS Publications 1141, 1167, 1179, and other IRS
resources for information about printing these tax forms.

Michael Prichard wrote:
Where can I get an online fill-in form 1099-Misc?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael Prichard

Thanks, Ron, I'm aware of the forms on the IRS website, but the ones I've
seen are not fill-in. Of course, they can be printed, but without any
entered information. If you are aware of fill-in 1099s on the IRS website
that I've missed, please correct me.

wrote:

Where can I get an online fill-in form 1099-Misc?

The IRS has such forms on their web site. However, at least through the 2004
1099's (I don't know about 2005), the web site forms were NOT to be used for
submission.

--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael Prichard

Thanks, Garfield. I know the IRS website, and some of their forms are
fill-in, but not the 1099 (as far as I've seen). If I'm wrong, I'd love to
be corrected.

Michael Prichard wrote:
Where can I get an online fill-in form 1099-Misc?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

wrote:

Where can I get an online fill-in form 1099-Misc?

The IRS has such forms on their web site. However, at least through the 2004
1099's (I don't know about 2005), the web site forms were NOT to be used for
submission.

--ron

Oh, I've got a program that converts that PDF to a form which I can fill in.
Perhaps that's what I was thinking of.

In any event, filled in or not, it can't be filed legally (and I think there's
even a fine if you try).

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael Prichard

What is the program you have that converts pdf files to a file that can be
filled in? I'll check it out for future reference.

I'm aware that the online (red) version of 1099 can't be filed with the
IRS. But the black ones can still be used to report to the independent
contractors.

Michael

wrote:

Where can I get an online fill-in form 1099-Misc?

The IRS has such forms on their web site. However, at least through the 2004
1099's (I don't know about 2005), the web site forms were NOT to be used for
submission.

--ron

Oh, I've got a program that converts that PDF to a form which I can fill in.
Perhaps that's what I was thinking of.

In any event, filled in or not, it can't be filed legally (and I think there's
even a fine if you try).

--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 21:09:02 -0800, "Michael Prichard"
wrote:

What is the program you have that converts pdf files to a file that can be
filled in? I'll check it out for future reference.

It's from ScanSoft and came for free with PaperPort. I think someone has
bought out Scansoft and they go by a different name these days. But you can
probably find them with Google.

--ron