Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
R K Boles

Default Autofilter in List

I using a list Excel 2003 and when I autofilter it to view a unique value it
includes the last record in the list. Is this a known bug or am I doing
something wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

If you have a Subtotal formula in the last row, it will be included when
you apply the AutoFilter, for any criteria.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
R K Boles

Debra,
Thank you for your reply. I need to clearify my problem. My list has a
column of dates. I autofilter to a unique date the last recorded in the
filtered list is a different date and also the last record in the list. I
have discovered that the autofilter works correctly if the subtotal option is
turned off. I going to try this on another computer this evening to see if i
can duplicate it.

R K Boles wrote:
I using a list Excel 2003 and when I autofilter it to view a unique value it
includes the last record in the list. Is this a known bug or am I doing
something wrong?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Can you give an example of the
criteria you're using, and the records that are returned? Does the
problem still occur with subtotals turned off?