Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
keje1010

Default How to format a cell to represent Indian Currency System?

I need to format cell according to Indian Currency System, e. g. *£
1, 234, 567, 890.00* in Indian accounting system would be *Rs. 1, 23,
45, 67, 890.00* I am able to correctly place the symbol Rs. by
following Format Cells Number Accouting. However am not able to
get comma in Indian style.
Someone please help me.

--
keje1010
keje1010's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30680

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

I haven't revisited this since I am on Excel 2002, which probably
has something, and whether you might have an International
version of Excel. But for Excel 2000 and earlier, for sure
handles only positive numbers. Format, custom format (all on one line)
[=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00; [=100000]##\,##\,##0.00;##,##0.00

For more information see (look for paise)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
especially if you need negative numbers as well-- there is a link
to a posting using a macro by Norman Harker.
---
HTH,

"keje1010" wrote in message

I need to format cell according to Indian Currency System, e. g. *£
1, 234, 567, 890.00* in Indian accounting system would be *Rs. 1, 23,
45, 67, 890.00* I am able to correctly place the symbol Rs. by
following Format Cells Number Accouting. However am not able to
get comma in Indian style.
Someone please help me.

--
keje1010
keje1010's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30680
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=503430

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
keje1010

I simply copied and pasted the solution you gave in Format Cells
Number Custom Type Enter and the result was astonishing. I
experimented with different numbers and like magic it gave the desired
result each time.
You have been a great help David and I am deeply obliged.
-*Kindly accept my heartfelt THANKS.*-