Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce

Default How do I email an excel macro?

I am trying to email a macro from Excel in Office 2000 Professional. Where
do I look in Excel to find the macro to attach it to an email?
--
RBH
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Leith Ross

Hello Bruce,

If you are only sending one copy of the macro, copy it to the clipboard
and then paste it into the body of the email.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Macros can live in workbooks, add-ins or perhaps in your Personal.xls

Try ToolsMacroMacros.

Does the macro name appear in the list?

If so, hit the "Edit" button and copy the macro then paste it into the body of
the email.

If it doesn't appear in the list it could be a Private Sub or lives in an
add-in.

In that case, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

You will have to browse through the Projects and find the module with the macro.

There are several ways to export......copy/paste the macro.

Export the entire module as a *.bas file which you can attach to an email.

The receiver would have to import that *.bas file into a workbook.

Too many ways to do this..........the above is just a couple.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:48:01 -0800, "Bruce"
wrote:

I am trying to email a macro from Excel in Office 2000 Professional. Where
do I look in Excel to find the macro to attach it to an email?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Oh sure.

Take the easy way out<g

Problem is.......OP doesn't know where the macro is located.

Gord

Bruce wrote:

I am trying to email a macro from Excel in Office 2000 Professional. Where
do I look in Excel to find the macro to attach it to an email?
--
RBH

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

But the OP may know what workbook it's in--just buried somewhere within that
bowels of that workbook.

(or maybe not <bg.)

Bruce wrote:

I am trying to email a macro from Excel in Office 2000 Professional. Where
do I look in Excel to find the macro to attach it to an email?
--
RBH

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce

I do have the maco in my Personal.xls. Mr. Peterson makes it sound like any
spreadsheet that I email will have the macro?
--
RBH

wrote:

I am trying to email a macro from Excel in Office 2000 Professional. Where
do I look in Excel to find the macro to attach it to an email?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

That's not what I meant, though.

I don't think it's a good idea to share a workbook named personal.xls. Since
excel can only have one workbook with any particular name open at any time, the
user would have to make a choice--either use your personal.xls or use their own.

But there's nothing too special about your personal.xls.

I would close excel and use windows explorer to rename personal.xls to
BruceUtils.xls--a nice unique name.

You may have trouble if you have any userdefined functions used in other
workbooks--but if you don't have those UDFs, then you shouldn't have too much
trouble.

Test it out a bit (after renaming it).

If it works ok, then you can just email that file (bruceutils.xls) to each
user. Tell them to put it in their XLStart folder (or file|open it whenever
they need it).

====
Now a suggestion that you didn't ask about...

Once you get a few macros that you want to share, it gets to be kind of a pain
to use Tools|macro|macros|Run to execute those macros.

You could add another item to the worksheet menubar or even create a toolbar
that runs your macros.

If you want to add an option to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way
John Walkenbach does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)