mrbalaje

Default Macro excel save

I had recorded a macro to get my audit sheet based on 3 reports.

I am having 4 tabs in my macro sheet, namely Audit, Report1,Report2,Report3.

I will be pasting my 3 reports in the respective Report tabs and I will run
the macro.

With my macro I will get the overall Audit Report in the Audit sheet and
also that sheet will be copied in to a new excel say Sheet1.

Also in the Audit Tab, which is copied in to a new excel sheet I have my Job
number in the cell C13. I want to save that sheet in the name as
"Report_O01393698"
where O01393698 is the Job Number from the Cell C13.

Job Number will change for every Report.

So Lets say my existing Macro as "Audit".

Whether I can save the sheet which is copied from the Sheet Audit in to the
Desktop with the given naming format using a macro.
Junior Member

Red face

You need to be a little clearer about what you want to name and how.

Your macro can certainly rename worksheets based on cell values etc.

Dim New_wksname as string
New_wksname = Worksheets("Audit").range("C13").text

Worksheets("name of worksheet that you want renamed").name = New_wksname

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbalaje
I had recorded a macro to get my audit sheet based on 3 reports.

I am having 4 tabs in my macro sheet, namely Audit, Report1,Report2,Report3.

I will be pasting my 3 reports in the respective Report tabs and I will run
the macro.

With my macro I will get the overall Audit Report in the Audit sheet and
also that sheet will be copied in to a new excel say Sheet1.

Also in the Audit Tab, which is copied in to a new excel sheet I have my Job
number in the cell C13. I want to save that sheet in the name as
"Report_O01393698"
where O01393698 is the Job Number from the Cell C13.

Job Number will change for every Report.

So Lets say my existing Macro as "Audit".

Whether I can save the sheet which is copied from the Sheet Audit in to the
Desktop with the given naming format using a macro.

Last edited by Jules : May 12th 05 at 06:30 PM Reason: Missed a bit