Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chase

Default How do I recover a previous save point in Excel?

I had some data deleted from an Excel document and saved after it was
deleted. It would take hours upon hours to retype. How can I restore to a
previous save point or time? I can't access the "Microsoft Office
Application Recovery" in the "Microsoft Office Tools" menu. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Wouldn't do you any good to use the Microsoft Office Application Recovery even
if you could access it(and why can't you?)

The recovery process would recover the last saved file, which is the one you
just saved with the deleted information.

Start typing.

For future considerations...................................

If you're using Excel 2002 or 2003, there is no Autosave in XL2002 and 2003 as
there was in earlier versions.

Autorecovery from ToolsOptionsSave is it. This is not the same as Autosave
which made true incremental saves at intervals and alerted you before saving.

Autorecovery just saves a temporary file which it deletes if Excel closes
normally without incident.

BTW.....Dave Peterson reports that he tried an earlier version of Autosave.xla
in XL2002 and it seemed to work fine.

I have also tried the Autosave.XLA from XL97 and does the job.

To download the 97 version go here.....

http://www.stat.jmu.edu/trep/Marchat/sp2001/Library.htm

In addition to the above......Jan Karel Pieterse has an addin called AutoSafe
which also doen't alert before saving.

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a user
selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
puts them in the recycle bin). And the user can always restore the backups
from the recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm

(look for AutoSafe.zip)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP