Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mrjeffy321

Default Accessing Cells in Separate Worksheet

I have a list of a bunch of prices which I total up by month at the
bottom of the worksheet.

What I want to do is instead of totally up the prices at the bottom, I
want to move the total to another worksheet and keep the original sheet
just for raw data.
But right now, all my formulas and math assumes the cells I am totally
are in the same sheed, if I move all that, it will not be looking at
the correct cells.
How can I tell the formula to get the value from another worksheet?

--
mrjeffy321
mrjeffy321's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30618

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Angela

Hello,
Go to a Cell in the new sheet. type an = sign, do not click out of the cell,
use your mouse to click over to the work sheet with your totals, click in the
cell where your total is (in the details sheet), hit enter. The total on your
new work sheet will be equal to the total on your details tab.

"mrjeffy321" wrote:

I have a list of a bunch of prices which I total up by month at the
bottom of the worksheet.

What I want to do is instead of totally up the prices at the bottom, I
want to move the total to another worksheet and keep the original sheet
just for raw data.
But right now, all my formulas and math assumes the cells I am totally
are in the same sheed, if I move all that, it will not be looking at
the correct cells.
How can I tell the formula to get the value from another worksheet?

--
mrjeffy321
mrjeffy321's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30618
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502726