Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default highlighting rows according to a input value?

eg. value 1 and 2 in a cell should make an entire row red

eg. value 3 to 6 in a cell should make an entire row blue

Ideally I want a formula when if I put 1 or 2 into a cell it highlights
the row as red

maybe I if I input a 3, 4, 5, 6 it highlights red

Any thoughts? Thanks in Advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Frank Drost

This can be done with conditional formatting.
<FORMAT - <CONDITIONAL FORMATTING
specify your criterium and set your format.

Success

" wrote:

eg. value 1 and 2 in a cell should make an entire row red

eg. value 3 to 6 in a cell should make an entire row blue

Ideally I want a formula when if I put 1 or 2 into a cell it highlights
the row as red

maybe I if I input a 3, 4, 5, 6 it highlights red

Any thoughts? Thanks in Advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MC82

can we use conditional formatting to hightlight a whole row? I thought
it only hightlights the specific cell

--
MC82
MC82's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18682

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Yes you can highlight an entire row.

Select the row(s) and FormatCF Formula is:

=$A1=10

Note the $ sign which locks the column A

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:48:45 -0600, MC82
wrote:

can we use conditional formatting to hightlight a whole row? I thought
it only hightlights the specific cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Al

I am trying to do something very similar, so this is v. interesting for me
too. Unfortunatley, Gord, I cannot workout what your advise means! Let me
advise my objective:

If the value of a cell in, say, column C is either "won", "lost" or
"outstanding", then I want the respective row to be red, yellow or green.
e.g. c7=won, row7=red; c11=lost, row11=green

How do I amend your below advise?

Allan

wrote:

can we use conditional formatting to hightlight a whole row? I thought
it only hightlights the specific cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can sort of work it out - could one of you guys clarify this further
for people still stuck?