Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Al

Default highlighting rows according to a input value?

I am trying to do something very similar, so this is v. interesting for me
too. Unfortunatley, Gord, I cannot workout what your advise means! Let me
advise my objective:

If the value of a cell in, say, column C is either "won", "lost" or
"outstanding", then I want the respective row to be red, yellow or green.
e.g. c7=won, row7=red; c11=lost, row11=green

How do I amend your below advise?

Allan

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Yes you can highlight an entire row.

Select the row(s) and FormatCF Formula is:

=$A1=10

Note the $ sign which locks the column A

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:48:45 -0600, MC82
wrote:

can we use conditional formatting to hightlight a whole row? I thought
it only hightlights the specific cell