Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shae

Default How do you cross reference different speadsheets?

I wanted to know how to cross reference 2 different speadsheets to look for
similar or matching information.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
chip_pyp

basically the formual would look like ='[workbook name.xls]spredsheet'!then
the on the sheet you are looking for with $in front of the letter and $in
front of the number

i.e. ='[Test 2006 Report .xls]Test 1'!$A$42

"Shae" wrote:

I wanted to know how to cross reference 2 different speadsheets to look for
similar or matching information.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Hi Chip,
My guess is that you want to use VLOOKUP Worksheet Function\
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm
and since your name is Chip perhaps also
Lookups (Chip Pearson)
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/lookups.htm#ClosestMatch
---
HTH,

"Shae" wrote:

I wanted to know how to cross reference 2 different speadsheets to look for
similar or matching information.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

oops should work for people named Shae as well. <grin