Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
alen_re

Default change...

I have a 'simple ?' question..

If I have 2 sheets..
In sheet1.. A1: 5 (lets say)

In sheet2.. A1: =Sheet1!A1

I want to leave number that I've got from sheet1.. when I change number
5 into something else.. so that I can change sheet1 A1: to *10*, and to
have number 5 in sheet2, becouse it calculated it before..

Sorry for my English if you don't understand me..

Thanks for help..

--
alen_re
alen_re's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28331

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

The only way to truly lock in the value of a formula is to replace it with
its value. If you change calculation mode to manual (Tools, Options,
Calculation) then the formula's value (and all formulas values) will be
maintained until you force a calc by pressing F9.

--
Jim
"alen_re" wrote in

| I have a 'simple ?' question..
|
| If I have 2 sheets..
| In sheet1.. A1: 5 (lets say)
|
| In sheet2.. A1: =Sheet1!A1
|
| I want to leave number that I've got from sheet1.. when I change number
| 5 into something else.. so that I can change sheet1 A1: to *10*, and to
| have number 5 in sheet2, becouse it calculated it before..
|
| Sorry for my English if you don't understand me..
|
| Thanks for help..
|

| --
| alen_re
| alen_re's Profile:
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502579

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Formulas like to return values. When excel recalculates, your formulas will be
refreshed.

About the only thing you can do is get rid of the formula. Just edit|copy,
edit|paste special|values.

alen_re wrote:

I have a 'simple ?' question..

If I have 2 sheets..
In sheet1.. A1: 5 (lets say)

In sheet2.. A1: =Sheet1!A1

I want to leave number that I've got from sheet1.. when I change number
5 into something else.. so that I can change sheet1 A1: to *10*, and to
have number 5 in sheet2, becouse it calculated it before..

Sorry for my English if you don't understand me..

Thanks for help..

--
alen_re
alen_re's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28331
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502579

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Lincoln

An alternative is to select both sheets before typing in the original
value. If you type in "5" in A1 of one of the sheets, A1 will show "5"
in both sheets.

When you want to change the value of A1 in Sheet1 but leave the value
of A1 in Sheet2 unchanged, make sure Sheet1 is the only active sheet
before entering the new number.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
alen_re

OK this thing actually helped me..
Thanks for the help... Thanks everyone for posting..