Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
heski

Default Mysterious link

Hi all,

I have an excel file which is prompting me to 'update links' on
opening. I don't recall creating any external links and would like to
delete any such references.

I have looked at Edit/Links and found the link referencing a file which
doesn't seem to exist.

I have done a search on a portion of that file name but the search
doesn't find any cell referencing that file name.

I would like to delete the link but can't do so in Edit/Links.

Does anyone know how I could find (or simply delete) this mysterious
link.

Thanks for your time.

--
heski
heski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30581

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Heski,

Try Bill Manville's FindLink addin which is freely downloadable at:

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

"heski" wrote in
message ...

Hi all,

I have an excel file which is prompting me to 'update links' on
opening. I don't recall creating any external links and would like to
delete any such references.

I have looked at Edit/Links and found the link referencing a file which
doesn't seem to exist.

I have done a search on a portion of that file name but the search
doesn't find any cell referencing that file name.

I would like to delete the link but can't do so in Edit/Links.

Does anyone know how I could find (or simply delete) this mysterious
link.

Thanks for your time.

--
heski
heski's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502279

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
heski

Thanks Norman,

That was a huge help. Problem solved.

Heski

--
heski
heski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30581
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502279

removing automatic link Graham Poole Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 8 March 22nd 06 01:31 PM
Linking then Sorting Objects of the Link - Is this feasible? JennyJeneralGraves Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 7th 06 09:59 PM
Paste Link - retaining formatting Suzanne Marie Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 August 18th 05 02:02 AM
Breaking the link T New Users to Excel 1 May 4th 05 10:37 PM
How do link to a remote worksheet using the path value in a field? Michael T. Links and Linking in Excel 3 December 11th 04 08:45 AM