Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joey

Default Seperating text if there's more than a one space between them

Hi all

I need to seperate text in a column into different columns.
Text to columns doesn't work because it seperates all the text.

In this column, I need the text that has more than three spaces between
it to be moved.

Eg.
A1= Flat 1 Sky Way Scotland SW1
A2= 23 Dock Road Docklands DK3
A3= 161 Speed Drive Gasville GV7

Between the first set of text and the second, there is a minimum of 3
spaces. I desperately need the second lot in the second column.
The Postcode is two spaces after the town's name which must not be
affected, but rather move with the town's name.

Please help if you can..!!

Many thanks
Joey

--
Joey
Joey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=8272

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Hi Joey,

I'd find and replace all spaces by three spaces before using Text to Columns

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Joey" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ragdyer

You can *still* use TTC.

When you choose 'delimited' in the first window of the Wizard, there's an
option in the second window:
"Treat Consecutive Delimiters as One"
Which, when *Checked*, should work perfectly for you.
--
HTH,

RD

"Joey" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Martin P

I would use Word's features for this.
Copy the cells to Word. Convert Table to Text. Go to Edit, Replace and, with
Wildcards enabled, replace [ ^s}{3,} with ^t. Convert Text to Table (number
of columns 2, separate text at tabs). Copy the cells to Excel.