Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dtencza

Default Advanced filtering on text and blanks

I have a list where one field has days of the week ("Sunday", "Monday", etc.)
in text. So, I can use the Advanced Filter with different rows that have
"Monday" or "Tuesday" to return all of the records that have "Monday" or
"Tuesday" in this field.

What if I wanted to use the advanced filter to get records that have
"Monday", "Tuesday", or BLANK (no value)? How do I tell the advanced filter
that I'd also like records that have a blank in this field returned as well?

This is easy with the AutoFilter; I just can't figure it out with the
advanced filter!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

In the third criteria cell, enter: ="="

Weekday
Monday
Tuesday
="="

After you press Enter, only the = will be displayed.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Aussie CPA

Debra,
Is there a way to do this for Non-blanks also?