Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Heavey

Default Creating Excel Object From C#

I have written an application in C# which creates an instance of Excel and
populates the excel object with data and then saves that data. When I run
this application under my own ID, it runs just fine. I had the administrator
create a generic sign on, which is such that it can submit jobs on the
machine, but can not actually log on to the machine.

When I use this generic Account in this C# application, I get an access
violation error when I attempt to create an instance of the Excel object. I
suspect that this has something to do with not acutally signing on with this
generic account and bringing up excel so it does what ever it does when a
user first brings up excel.

I went to the Documents and Setting Folder, thinking that Excel must be
creating something under these folders for each user id which logs into
excel. I found a folder under Application Data/Microsoft and found a folder
called "Excel" which was under my ID, but not under the generic. I copied
this folder to the generic account, but it had not effect.

If I am unable to acutally log onto the box with the generic account, how
can I properly set up excel to run?

Thanks in advance for your assistance