Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sdmccabe

Default Formula help

I have a column of number in column E, totaled at the bottom of the column.
I want to enter something, i.e. €œYES€, in column D that will cause the value
of column E to be included (or excluded) in the total, based on the entry.
Can you help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick G.

Maybe try a formula such as the following:
=sumif(range, criteria,[sum range])
where,

range= col D with "Yes" or "No" or 1 or 0, etc
criteria= the logic behind the formula
sum range = the range contained in col. E with the values you want to sum.

Your formula may look like this:

=sumif(D1:D100,"Yes",E1:100)

This tells Excel to look in col D, and if there is a corresponding "Yes",
add the respective value in E to the total.

Hope this helps; if I happen to be wrong, I am sure someone will correct me
shortly.