Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
koba

Default Display on the cell with a value

Hi All

I need help with a formula, I have 3 cell columns B,C & D with
vlookup’s in each. The way I have set it up so that only one of the
look ups will work. How do then make a formula that will be in column E
and look columns B,C&D and display the only number that has worked

Eg.
A B C D
AT111 #N/A 0.71 #N/A

Please help

Thanks
Andrew

--
koba
koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28639

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Maybe,

assuming only 1 number in the 3 cells.
=MAX(B1:D1)

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
koba

Thanks

But it did not work because the problem is that the other two cells
have errors in them so functions like max and large need to have whole
numbers, i need a formula that would be able to read errors and then
display to only cell without an error

Andrew

--
koba
koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28639
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501901

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

One way:

=SUMIF(B1:D1,"<#N/A")

Biff

"koba" wrote in message

Hi All

I need help with a formula, I have 3 cell columns B,C & D with
vlookup's in each. The way I have set it up so that only one of the
look ups will work. How do then make a formula that will be in column E
and look columns B,C&D and display the only number that has worked

Eg.
A B C D
AT111 #N/A 0.71 #N/A

Please help

Thanks
Andrew

--
koba
koba's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501901

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

If the #N/A's are the result of Vlookups then MAX(............) will reutrn
#N/A.

Biff

"pinmaster" wrote
in message ...

Maybe,

assuming only 1 number in the 3 cells.
=MAX(B1:D1)

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501901

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
koba

Great thanks for the help!!

Almost there, while this formula displays the number i need which is
good, it displays 0 when all three cells are #N/A, and in this
situation need it to display #N/A or anything but a number!!!

Andrew

--
koba
koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28639
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501901

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=IF(COUNT(B1:D1),SUMIF(B1:D1,"<#N/A"),#N/A)

Biff