Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin R

Default searching for tab

Hi all, I have written a workbook with some 40 worksheets in it to be
used as a reference database. Each of the 40 worksheets has a specific
name (tab). Is there a program/formula that I can put on the very first
page so that a user can input the name of the sheet/tab they want and
that sheet will open for them. Basically to stop them having to sift
through 40 tabs to find which sheet they need.
Thanks
Kev

--
Kevin R
Kevin R's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30529

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zack Barresse

Hello Kevin,

You have some arrow buttons directly to the left of your sheet tabs. If you
right click that you will get a little popup menu with the sheets. Clicking
More Sheets will give you a listbox to choose from. Your other option would
be to create a table of contents. Here is an example of that, example file,
instructions, code and all ...

http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=120

HTH

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)
To email, remove the NO SPAM. Please keep correspondence to the board, as
to benefit others.

"Kevin R" wrote in
message ...

Hi all, I have written a workbook with some 40 worksheets in it to be
used as a reference database. Each of the 40 worksheets has a specific
name (tab). Is there a program/formula that I can put on the very first
page so that a user can input the name of the sheet/tab they want and
that sheet will open for them. Basically to stop them having to sift
through 40 tabs to find which sheet they need.
Thanks
Kev

--
Kevin R
Kevin R's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501808

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SVC

You could write macros and create macro buttons to take you to the proper
sheet. But that is a lot of macros and buttons.

Alternately, would it work to name cell A1 on each sheet as a range with the
name of the sheet and let your people select the desired sheet that way?

"Kevin R" wrote:

Hi all, I have written a workbook with some 40 worksheets in it to be
used as a reference database. Each of the 40 worksheets has a specific
name (tab). Is there a program/formula that I can put on the very first
page so that a user can input the name of the sheet/tab they want and
that sheet will open for them. Basically to stop them having to sift
through 40 tabs to find which sheet they need.
Thanks
Kev

--
Kevin R
Kevin R's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30529
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501808

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You could use hyperlinks to go to any sheet.

Or you could rightclick on the VCR controls (to the left of the worksheet tabs)
to see a list of those worksheets.

Or you could use a floating toolbar:
http://contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html
from Debra Dalgleish's site.