Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bhaltair

Default Sliders with more than one variable

Hello everyone. I'm a junior in college and I'm taking an ops class. My
teacher showed us how to make sliders, but I have a question on them.
Can you make a slider change 3 variables? I'm trying to do weighted
moving average forecasting and am curious howt0 a) make 3 variables = 1
(.6+.3+.1 etc.) or make the slider give more weight to the left side as
you scroll etc.
Any takers on helping me out?
E mail me or post here. Thanx!

--
Bhaltair
Bhaltair's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30463

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

If the result cell =1 then the third variable is =1-var1-var2
Make var2 dependent on the slider change
Make var1 =var2*2

Bhaltair wrote:
Hello everyone. I'm a junior in college and I'm taking an ops class. My
teacher showed us how to make sliders, but I have a question on them.
Can you make a slider change 3 variables? I'm trying to do weighted
moving average forecasting and am curious howt0 a) make 3 variables = 1
(.6+.3+.1 etc.) or make the slider give more weight to the left side as
you scroll etc.
Any takers on helping me out?
E mail me or post here. Thanx!

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bhaltair

Debra Dalgleish Wrote:
If the result cell =1 then the third variable is =1-var1-var2
Make var2 dependent on the slider change
Make var1 =var2*2

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

From what I understand of what you wrote, Varity will always be 2* Var
2, right? I'm trying to change the Values of the variables like this -
Var1+var2+Var+=1
where Var 1 could equal one or .5 or any other number.

Solver has these for the values but I want to learn how to make the
graph with MAD and BIAS graphed as well with sliders for more than just
one variable.

Weighted Moving Ave 1 2 3 Total
α 0.17 0.62 0.21 1