Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jessica juarez

Default filter my frequency

I have a huge list of telephone numbers and I have to filter out the ones
that appear more than 5 times, any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

If your data is in column A, you can put this in column B:

=countif(a:a,a1)
and drag down

Then apply data|filter|autofilter to column B.
Custom filter
greater than 5

And delete the visible rows.

This will delete all the numbers that appear more than 5 times. If you only
wanted to keep up to the first 5 instances, you could use a formula like:

=countif($a$1:a1,a1)
and drag down.

And still filter to show the counts greater than 5.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

I would sort the collumn ascending, assuming it to be A, then in helper
column B6 put this and copy down.....

=IF(A6=A1,"Delete Me","")

Copy PasteSpecial Values on column B
Then sort on column B and delete the rows indicated

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3