Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Miss Dedly

Default All in CAPS! Help!

hello again

this problem im being told has no simple solution but im going to ask anyway
this database we just bought came all in CAPS, however this information
(including names, addresses, company names etc..) needs to be in the correct
case for mailing purposes and formal letters

does anyone have a solution or a tip or trick or anything that is less
painful then retyping everything?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Billigmeier

Use the PROPER() function.

If the string "ALL CAPS" was located in cell A1, =PROPER(A1) will output
"All Caps"

Dave

"Miss Dedly" wrote:

hello again

this problem im being told has no simple solution but im going to ask anyway
this database we just bought came all in CAPS, however this information
(including names, addresses, company names etc..) needs to be in the correct
case for mailing purposes and formal letters

does anyone have a solution or a tip or trick or anything that is less
painful then retyping everything?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Hi Miss Dedly

Look here

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm
Or
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm

Here are some Macro's for changing text cells in the selection

Sub Uppercase_macro()
Dim selectie As Range
Dim cel As Range
On Error Resume Next
Set selectie = Range(ActiveCell.Address & "," & Selection.Address) _
.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues)
If selectie Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each cel In selectie
cel.Value = UCase(cel.Value)
Next cel
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Sub Lowercase_macro()
Dim selectie As Range
Dim cel As Range
On Error Resume Next
Set selectie = Range(ActiveCell.Address & "," & Selection.Address) _
.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues)
If selectie Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each cel In selectie
cel.Value = LCase(cel.Value)
Next cel
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Sub Propercase_macro()
Dim selectie As Range
Dim cel As Range
On Error Resume Next
Set selectie = Range(ActiveCell.Address & "," & Selection.Address) _
.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues)
If selectie Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each cel In selectie
cel.Value = StrConv(cel.Value, vbProperCase)
Next cel
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl