Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bugs

Default Why would excel tool bar options be grayed out?

MS Excel 2003 SP2

I'm working with a shared workbook. None of the worksheets are protected nor
is the workbook. For some reason I can't insert an iamge on any of the
worksheets.

When I choose the Insert/Picture option from the tool bar all options after
that are grayed out.

Where else can I check for workbook sttings that would prevent this?

I hope I can get an answer to this question before our project is over. For
now i will need to figure out a work around!

Thanks,
BB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bigwheel

Have a look at the "Limitations of shared workbooks" in the helpfile. You
will find that :

"In a shared workbook, you cannot do the following:

Insert or change charts, pictures, objects, or hyperlinks."

So the answer would be, unshare the workbook, make your modifications then
re-share it again.