Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jillyr

Default Can I e-mail a workbook that contains links to other workbooks?

Will the person I email a linked file to be able to read it? Will they
receive that file and all of the linked files as well?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

First, the linked files will only get sent if you send them.

Can the recipient read the workbook?

It kind of depends...

If your recipient is using xl2k or below, then they can answer no to the "update
links" prompt and see the values as they were when you last saved your workbook.

If the recipient is using xl2002 (or above), then if they answer no to that
prompt, they'll see an error.

Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl
It may help the recipient (with xl2002+).

Another option is to just convert those cells with links to values.

You may want to use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm
to help find the links.

--

Dave Peterson