Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sharon

Default How do you use filter to view duplicated records in Excel?

I have a large list of customer name and phone numbers that is continuously
being added in bulk from other worksheets. I need to be able to check that
the records are not being duplicated. I would appreciate any help you could
give me..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wjohnson

If you want to find "UNIQUE" Records - you can select the Column - then
DATA - FILTER - ADVANCED FILTER - Then Check the "UNIQUE" records and
then copy that list and paste into a new WORKSHEET.
If you want to find "Duplicates" the easiest way I have found is to
sort your records on the column you want to check. Then have the cell
above the records you want to check for duplicates as a "blank" or a
column Title. For this example I would start the records you want to
check at Cell A2 (you always want a Not Dup for your first value): Then
enter the following formula in whatever column you want and copy it down
the list:
=IF(A2=A1,"Dup","Not Dup"). You Can enter whatever values you want for
"DUP" and "Not Dup"

--
wjohnson
wjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29640

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

If this was something I had to do frequently, I would use Jim Cone's fine
commercial Add-in called XL Companion.
Available at:
http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware/

Vaya con Dios,