Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JohnAO

Default Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?

I am creating a worksheet where different items are highlighted several
different colors. Is there a way to create a formula that changes when I
change the highlighted color of the row instead of having to remove a cell or
cells from one formula and add it to another? Thanks for any help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

But you can have a formula that will reevaluate when the workbook reculates:
http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

JohnAO wrote:

I am creating a worksheet where different items are highlighted several
different colors. Is there a way to create a formula that changes when I
change the highlighted color of the row instead of having to remove a cell or
cells from one formula and add it to another? Thanks for any help!!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

But that requires a manual action to recalculate, it won't happen if the
cell colour is just changed.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

JohnAO wrote:

I am creating a worksheet where different items are highlighted several
different colors. Is there a way to create a formula that changes when

change the highlighted color of the row instead of having to remove a

cell or
cells from one formula and add it to another? Thanks for any help!!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

That's why I included this:

But you can have a formula that will reevaluate when the workbook reculates:

<bg

But I agree with the emphasis!