-   -   Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/63535-there-forumula-uses-colors-instead-cell-s.html)

JohnAO

Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?

I am creating a worksheet where different items are highlighted several
different colors. Is there a way to create a formula that changes when I
change the highlighted color of the row instead of having to remove a cell or
cells from one formula and add it to another? Thanks for any help!!

Bob Phillips

Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?

No, as a colour change does not force a sheet recalculation.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"JohnAO" wrote in message
I am creating a worksheet where different items are highlighted several
different colors. Is there a way to create a formula that changes when I
change the highlighted color of the row instead of having to remove a cell

or
cells from one formula and add it to another? Thanks for any help!!

Dave Peterson

Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?

But you can have a formula that will reevaluate when the workbook reculates:
http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

JohnAO wrote:

I am creating a worksheet where different items are highlighted several
different colors. Is there a way to create a formula that changes when I
change the highlighted color of the row instead of having to remove a cell or
cells from one formula and add it to another? Thanks for any help!!

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?

That link was from Chip Pearson's site.

JohnAO wrote:

I am creating a worksheet where different items are highlighted several
different colors. Is there a way to create a formula that changes when I
change the highlighted color of the row instead of having to remove a cell or
cells from one formula and add it to another? Thanks for any help!!

--

Dave Peterson

Bob Phillips

Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?

But that requires a manual action to recalculate, it won't happen if the
cell colour is just changed.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

JohnAO wrote:

I am creating a worksheet where different items are highlighted several
different colors. Is there a way to create a formula that changes when

change the highlighted color of the row instead of having to remove a

cell or
cells from one formula and add it to another? Thanks for any help!!

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?

That's why I included this:

But you can have a formula that will reevaluate when the workbook reculates:

<bg

But I agree with the emphasis!