Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto copy dates from one cell to another

I have a multiple page worksheet. In A8 is for the Employee Name and in B8
is for the date. I would like for this information to automatically be
placed at A96 and B96 which is the top of the second page within the
worksheet and so on for the remainder of the pages.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

Position cursor in cell A96 and enter the formula:

=A$8, and in B96 the formula =B$8

Copy these two cells to the appropriate cells on the other "pages" of
your worksheet.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeroen

Hi Kelly,

In cell A96 you fill out the formula =A8
In cell B96 you fill out the formula =B8

this formula tells excel to take the value of cell A/B8 and put it in cel
A/B96
Is that what you are looking for?
--
Jeroen van Nieuwkerk

" wrote:

I have a multiple page worksheet. In A8 is for the Employee Name and in B8
is for the date. I would like for this information to automatically be
placed at A96 and B96 which is the top of the second page within the
worksheet and so on for the remainder of the pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jeroen...
This works with anything but dates. The name and other text copies right
but when I try to copy dates the copied to cell shows ok for the first time
but if you change the date the copied to cell shows Saturday, January 00,
1900.

" wrote:

I have a multiple page worksheet. In A8 is for the Employee Name and in B8
is for the date. I would like for this information to automatically be
placed at A96 and B96 which is the top of the second page within the
worksheet and so on for the remainder of the pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeroen

Kelly,

That's strange I just tried it out in a blank excel sheet...seems to be
working fine...
Dit you check the format of the cell....
--
Jeroen van Nieuwkerk

" wrote:

I have a multiple page worksheet. In A8 is for the Employee Name and in B8
is for the date. I would like for this information to automatically be
placed at A96 and B96 which is the top of the second page within the
worksheet and so on for the remainder of the pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jeroen...
Yes. I made sure that all cells were the on Date then I put them all on
Text, General. After that I tried combinations...

" wrote:

I have a multiple page worksheet. In A8 is for the Employee Name and in B8
is for the date. I would like for this information to automatically be
placed at A96 and B96 which is the top of the second page within the
worksheet and so on for the remainder of the pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeroen

horrible.... then I do not understand......
can you send me the sheet?? or does it contain sensitive data?
--
Jeroen van Nieuwkerk
(ignore the .(donotspam) )

" wrote:

I have a multiple page worksheet. In A8 is for the Employee Name and in B8
is for the date. I would like for this information to automatically be
placed at A96 and B96 which is the top of the second page within the
worksheet and so on for the remainder of the pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jeroen...
I greatly appreciate your offer, but yes, it does contain sensitive data. I
have it now where the default is 1/0/00 rather than simply blank. At least
that is better than what it was.
Thank you for your help!
K.

" wrote:

I have a multiple page worksheet. In A8 is for the Employee Name and in B8
is for the date. I would like for this information to automatically be
placed at A96 and B96 which is the top of the second page within the
worksheet and so on for the remainder of the pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

If you always want to refer to cells A8 and B8, use an absolute
reference. For example: =$A$8

Format the date cells as Date, not Text.

" wrote:

I have a multiple page worksheet. In A8 is for the Employee Name and in B8
is for the date. I would like for this information to automatically be
placed at A96 and B96 which is the top of the second page within the
worksheet and so on for the remainder of the pages.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html