Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mariano

Default Page Breaks change with different computer

I have a workbook I created on my system, when I print from my computer
everything works perfectly, the page breaks I set work.
However, when I email it to my boss and he prints it from his machine
everything is all out of whack. I went to Print Preview on his system and I
see that all the page breaks are different now then what I set, but when i
check the same file on my machine the page breaks are exactly how I want
them. I dont want to keep making my boss print 48 pages of a workbook that
should print on 14!

any ideas???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stephen

"Mariano" wrote in message
I have a workbook I created on my system, when I print from my computer
everything works perfectly, the page breaks I set work.
However, when I email it to my boss and he prints it from his machine
everything is all out of whack. I went to Print Preview on his system and
see that all the page breaks are different now then what I set, but when i
check the same file on my machine the page breaks are exactly how I want
them. I dont want to keep making my boss print 48 pages of a workbook
that
should print on 14!

any ideas???

How a file prints (and looks in print preview) is dependent on the printer
and its driver. These will be different on your boss's computer from yours.
If you set up page breaks, column widths, etc., on any particular PC, there
is always the possibility that a different printer will not quite be able to
get as much in the column or on the page and so will have to use different
settings.

I suppose you could try installing EXACTLY the same print driver (and same
version) on your PC as your boss has, and select that printer whilst you set
up the file. Otherwise, the best you can do is to set everything up allowing
a little slack. Make the columns just a little wider and set the page breaks
so as not to cram too much on any page. That way it's less likely to have to
change for a different printer.