Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default check box value

Help. I am creating an order form for my customers. We have a standard
product and then a few options. Rather than have my customers type the price
of the options in (& risk holding up an order due to incorrect pricing), I
want them to select a check box. When "red hats" are checked I want $1.00 to
show up in AE20 and when "green hats" are checked I want $2.00 to show up in
AE21.
I guess I want a set value to populate a cell when a box is checked.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paul

right click on your check box and go to format control
select ad20 and ad21 as your cell link,in ae20(and similar in ae 21) type
=if(ad20=true,1,0).This assumes your checkbox is from FORMS toolbar
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

" wrote:

Help. I am creating an order form for my customers. We have a standard
product and then a few options. Rather than have my customers type the price
of the options in (& risk holding up an order due to incorrect pricing), I
want them to select a check box. When "red hats" are checked I want $1.00 to
show up in AE20 and when "green hats" are checked I want $2.00 to show up in
AE21.
I guess I want a set value to populate a cell when a box is checked.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Hi,
I would use radio buttons, you can group them together by putting a
group box around them and each button within a group has it's own value
and is linked to the same cell. Reserve a column to link to...say A,
then to pull the value amount corresponding to the radio button
selected with:
=LOOKUP(A1,{1,2},{5,10})
{1,2} are the button values
{5,10} are the corresponding values...in your case $5 and 10$

Note. you can not use $ in that formula.

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

PM,
Thank you for the information. Unfortunately it is way over my head. I
don't know what radio buttons are and could not find them in the Excel help.
Your solutions looks very interesting and it appears that the check box opton
will not allow a $ and a radio does. Do I understand this correctly? If
you don't mind helping, I could realy use it. I want my form to be as
professional looking as possible. Thank you for your time and efforts.
K.