Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chandra

Default HOW MANY ROWS CAN BE ENTRED IN EXCEL ?

Hi,

I would like to know that ,HOW MANY ROWS CAN BE ENTRED IN EXCEL ?
I'm trying to save data accessed through TOAD bu while saving data in Excel
it is getting hanged, as data is very huge.

Is there another way to save data in CSV format ?

Thanks,
- Chandra
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stephen

"Chandra" wrote in message

I would like to know that ,HOW MANY ROWS CAN BE ENTRED IN EXCEL ?
I'm trying to save data accessed through TOAD bu while saving data in
Excel
it is getting hanged, as data is very huge.

Is there another way to save data in CSV format ?

Thanks,
- Chandra

Excel has 65536 rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JulieD

Hi Chandra

an excel worksheet holds 65536 rows of data (and 256 columns).

You say that you're exporting the information via TOAD, which i'm assuming
then means that it is already in a database format ... can you do what you
need to do to it in the database environment, or can you modify the query to
export less information at a time?

--
Cheers
JulieD

julied_ng at hctsReMoVeThIs dot net dot au

"Chandra" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know that ,HOW MANY ROWS CAN BE ENTRED IN EXCEL ?
I'm trying to save data accessed through TOAD bu while saving data in Excel
it is getting hanged, as data is very huge.

Is there another way to save data in CSV format ?

Thanks,
- Chandra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hhalle

Hi Chandra,

If you run into problems and cannot use Access or something similar,
Quatro Pro allows 1000000 rows and 256 columns and A throug ZZZ tabs to
be entered, it slows down but it works.

I have an excel table with 175000+ rows and it works fine for me.

Good luck,

Hans:)

--
hhalle