Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tam

Default What does ! mean as an operator within a formula

I am copying formula which has an exclamation mark prefixing a cell reference
but I cannot determine what the operator calculates
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

The ! separates the worksheet name from the cell reference. The more general
form:
=[Book2]Sheet1!$A$1
The workbook name is inside the brackets, followed by the worksheet name,
the !, then the cell address.

"Tam" wrote:

I am copying formula which has an exclamation mark prefixing a cell reference
but I cannot determine what the operator calculates

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Leith Ross

Hello Tam.

An exclamation mark follows a worksheet name in formula.

Example:
=Sales!$G$20

Sincerely,
Leith Ross