-   -   What does ! mean as an operator within a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62627-what-does-mean-operator-within-formula.html)

Tam

What does ! mean as an operator within a formula

I am copying formula which has an exclamation mark prefixing a cell reference
but I cannot determine what the operator calculates

bpeltzer

What does ! mean as an operator within a formula

The ! separates the worksheet name from the cell reference. The more general
form:
=[Book2]Sheet1!$A$1
The workbook name is inside the brackets, followed by the worksheet name,
the !, then the cell address.

"Tam" wrote:

I am copying formula which has an exclamation mark prefixing a cell reference
but I cannot determine what the operator calculates

Leith Ross

What does ! mean as an operator within a formula

Hello Tam.

An exclamation mark follows a worksheet name in formula.

Example:
=Sales!$G$20

Sincerely,
Leith Ross