Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Miller

Default "Save As" Question

Should I be able to do a "Save As" "Web Page(*.htm;*.html)". The option
is in the drop-down "Save As" list and is hi-lited so it seems it should
work - however it does not wrok. I know it works in reverse (ie) I am
able to import html script into Excel.

--
Joe Miller
Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29900

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR

....when you select "Save as Web Page", click "Publish", check the "open
published web page in browser" box, then click "Publish" again. I think this
is what you are trying to do.

"Joe Miller" wrote:

Should I be able to do a "Save As" "Web Page(*.htm;*.html)". The option
is in the drop-down "Save As" list and is hi-lited so it seems it should
work - however it does not wrok. I know it works in reverse (ie) I am
able to import html script into Excel.

--
Joe Miller
Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29900
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=496947

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Miller

Thanks a lot for the help. I am now encountering the following message
when I follow the directions you gave me:

"A World Wide Web browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, is
required to use this feature."

I am only interested in saving as htm text - nothing more than that.

Any explanations and advise will be appreciated.

In the meantime I am trying to get educated on the concept of
"publishing".

Joe Miiler