Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Struggling of Essex

Default if argument?

I am compiling a capital purchase forecast over five years togther with
forecast depreciation. The top of my spread sheet has months 1 through to 60.
I would like to calculate purchases in year 1, namely if it occurred between
months 1 and 12, similarly calculate purchases in year 2 ( occurring between
month 13 and 24) etc. Column A2:A20 has a list of proposed assets, column
B2:B20 their purchase cost and column C2:C20 the proposed month of
expenditure (1-60).

Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

=sumproduct(--($C$2:$C$20=1),--($C$2:$C$20<=12),$b$2:$B$20)

etc.

--

HTH

RP

"Struggling of Essex" wrote in
message ...
I am compiling a capital purchase forecast over five years togther with
forecast depreciation. The top of my spread sheet has months 1 through to

60.
I would like to calculate purchases in year 1, namely if it occurred

between
months 1 and 12, similarly calculate purchases in year 2 ( occurring

between
month 13 and 24) etc. Column A2:A20 has a list of proposed assets, column
B2:B20 their purchase cost and column C2:C20 the proposed month of
expenditure (1-60).

Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Struggling of Essex

Bob,

Thanks for that, can you help me though, what does "- -" signify

thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Struggling of Essex

[...]

[...]