Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Noreen

Default Extract Rows Unique to Two Sheets

I have 2 spreadsheets with matching column headings. Each sheet has mutiple
rows that must be kept together. I need to find the rows where the value in
the first column is unique to both sheets. The uniqueness must only be
between the 2 sheets not within each sheet. Here's an example...

SHEET #1:
ID Last Name First Name Product
BKGN5040 Jones Tom HM
BKGN5040 Jones Tom UO
CAV29010 Smith Kris OC
DG742010 Lawson Sue MC
EPC47010 Crowley Frank UO

SHEET #2:
ID Last Name First Name Product
GZMPM020 King Carol MC
JWSJ9020 White Robert MC
LSVKV010 Aronson John UO
LSVKV010 Aronson John OC
CAV29010 Smith Kris OC
LVVVJ020 Sibley Patty HM
BKGN5040 Jones Tom HM

FILTERED SHEET:
ID Last Name First Name Product
DG742010 Lawson Sue MC
EPC47010 Crowley Frank UO
GZMPM020 King Carol MC
JWSJ9020 White Robert MC
LSVKV010 Aronson John UO
LSVKV010 Aronson John OC
LVVVJ020 Sibley Patty HM

I did a search on this site but couldn't find anything for this type of
situation. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Noreen

I did check that site before coming here. Could only find instructions for
"lists" in one column, nothing for complete rows. Thanks anyway. Hopefully
someone else reading this will know how to solve.

"Gary L Brown" wrote:

Take a look at Chip Pearson's website. Specifically...
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...tractingUnique
Not sure if this is what you want but worth a try.
HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

"Noreen" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Myrna Larson

Use a "helper" column, say E,

In Sheet1!E2 put the fomrmula =COUNTIF(Sheet2!$A$2:$A$100,A2) and copy it
down. Adjust the last row number as needed to include all data on Sheet2.

In Sheet2!E2 put the formula =COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$100,A2) and again copy
down.

The rows where the formula shows a 0 are the ones that are unique (based on
column A only, which is what you said) to the sheet containing the formula.

You can use Autofilter on this column to see the rows with 0's and possible
paste them to another location to create your "filtered" list.